Rhinoplasty in Seattle : Advanced Procedures and What you should Understand
Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial treatment that’s usually done to beautify a person’s physical appearance or to reconstruct their nose for medical purposes . A rhinoplasty surgery involves modifying the cartilages and bones of the nose area , or sometimes tissue is included order to improve the aesthetic appeal . The process is also commonly performed to repair nasal fractures as well . If rhinoplasty is accomplished to repair someone’s nasal fracture , the surgeon tries to recondition the nose to its pre-injury condition . A related procedure referred to as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that in addition have a nasal obstacle . Septorhinoplasty works to augment the look of the nostrils , but also stabilizes the overall structure and takes away any internal obstructions that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing .
Exactly what does a rhinoplasty surgery involve ?
Any aesthetic worries and desires you have needs to be completely discussed before treatment . The recommendations of your doctor along with any special restrictions concerning the structure of your nose , skin , or face in general are essential to have thoroughly told you . Make-up free photographs are typically taken prior to surgery to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning stage in order to document the results .
Ask questions and express your concerns .
Finding an experienced , experienced medical specialist to perform your rhinoplasty procedure should be your main priority when considering getting any type of aesthetic surgery . ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) proposes that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results :
• Consult at least 3 different surgeons before choosing one
• Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
• Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
• Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
• Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
• Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience . How many has he done ?
• Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance ? If not , get up and leave
• Ask about the follow-up procedures
• Request to contact former patients about their own experience
• How much does the procedure cost ? What about insurance ?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty results could be minor or major , based on the type of modification you want done , but they are however permanent . It’s absolutely necessary that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page regarding the goals of your process . If you have realistic expectations and your medical expert, the outcome will likely be very positive overall .